Telethon Speech & Hearing Centre for Children (TSH) is a Western Australian not-for-profit organisation that has helped speech, language and hearing-impaired children learn to listen and speak since 1967.
Based at St Luke’s Catholic Primary School in Woodvale, as our Teacher of the Deaf you will play an essential role in working with children with a hearing loss in this progressive and caring school while being part of the Telethon Speech & Hearing team. Working as part of WA’s most impactful program for children with hearing loss in host schools you will be the cornerstone of our service delivery in the school.
- Preference for a qualified Teacher of the Deaf or currently working towards this, or teacher with Special needs qualification and experience
- Desire to work in a mainstream school setting
- Ability to work in partnership with families and specialist support team
- History of positively assisting parents to support their child by providing clear and accurate information
- Experience working with children across the primary school years with hearing loss, speech and language delay and / or other special needs
- Experience in planning and implementing IEPs to establish both long-term and short-term goals
Enquiries regarding this position can be directed to Geoff Reader on 08 9387 9888.
If you would like to put forward application, please send a covering letter and up to date resume to Michael Wilson at email@example.com by 4.30pm 10 December, 2018.
TSH is an equal opportunity employer. Further information about our programs can be found on our website www.tsh.org.au.
|Work Type||Part Time (0.6 FTE)|
|Closing Date||4.30pm 10 December, 2018|