Telethon Speech & Hearing Centre for Children (TSH) is a Western Australian not-for-profit organisation that has helped speech, language and hearing-impaired children learn to listen and speak since 1967.
Located in a small single stream primary school in Manning, our Teacher of the Deaf plays an essential role in working with children with a hearing loss in a mainstream school while being part of the Telethon Speech & Hearing team. Working as part of WA’s most impactful program for children with hearing loss in host schools you will be the cornerstone of our service delivery in the school.
- Preference for a qualified Teacher of the Deaf or currently working towards this, or teacher with Special needs qualification and experience
- Desire to work in a mainstream school setting
- Ability to work in partnership with families and specialist support team
- History of positively assisting parents to support their child by providing clear and accurate information
- Experience working with children across the primary school years with hearing loss, speech and language delay and / or other special needs
- Experience in planning and implementing IEPs to establish both long-term and short-term goals
Enquiries regarding this position can be directed to Geoff Reader on 08 9387 9888.
If you would like to put forward application, please send a covering letter and up to date resume to Michael Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4.30pm Monday 10 December, 2018.
TSH is an equal opportunity employer. Further information about our programs can be found on our website www.tsh.org.au.
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Closing Date||4.30pm Monday 10 December, 2018|