Teacher of The Deaf or Auditory Verbal Therapist with European family in Abu Dhabi / United Arab Emirates
Job profile & requirements
We are looking for an Auditory Verbal Therapist or a Teacher of the Deaf with a strong background in listening and spoken language development to support and guide us in developing our son’s communication, language and speech. The job is based in Abu Dhabi/United Arab Emirates and is part/full-time 5 days a week.
- Plan, design and implement an effective therapy program,
- Provide support and intervention sessions at home,
- Liaise with other teachers and therapists such as Occupational Therapist, Audiologist etc. as required.
General and Specific Knowledge requirements
- Experience in Audiology, Speech-Language Pathology and/or education of the deaf or hard of hearing,
- Sound and current audiological knowledge,
- Ability to keep accurate records, complete assessment and contribute to reports,
- Possess specialized training in the area of Listening and spoken Language therapy or Auditory Verbal Therapy,
- Experience working with children with cochlear implants,
- Experience working with children in a private setting is highly desirable,
- Willingness to work flexibly and independently within the requirements of the position.
Formal Education and/or Certification(s)
Minimum: Masters Degree in Audiology, Speech-Language Pathology or Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Years of Experience: Minimum: 3-4 years of related work experience.
Our son, born November 2015, was diagnosed in fall 2017 with profound sensorineural hearing loss left and mild, predominately conducive hearing loss right.
End of 2017 he underwent Cochlear Implant operation for the left ear in and received Hearing Aid for the right ear.
Beginning of 2018 his cochlear implant failed and he was re-implanted in March 2018. He consistently wears his cochlear implant processor and hearing aid. He is supported regularly by a Teacher of the Deaf.
- Attractive tax free salary subject to experience,
- Return air tickets twice a year,
- 1 bedroom apartment next to NYU Abu Dhabi – Park View Building.
- Start date is within H1 2021,
- Please provide a CV and relevant references latest by March 31st 2021,
Duration is subject to negotiation but preference of minimum 12 months.
Contact for additional information and applications
Matthias Buchler – firstname.lastname@example.org
+971 50 276 38 58